New Era Momming

So before I had kids I was that horrid person who judged moms and dads when their kids were acting up in public. I always said I’m not going to let that happen….(insert face palm here)
FAST FOWARD

I have 2 wild little boys. They do behave about 90% of the time in public. The other 10%…. oh my people. My kids are close in age. Like 3 and 2 years old…..

So anyway….. the other day I was at the store and neither kid was having it. They were standin up in the carts, yelling… ya know the deal. While in the check out line an older lady was behind me and she remarked : “these young mothers dont know how to raise these kids.”
Now I didnt say anything back because really I dont care what a stranger thinks.
But this got me thinking, and later I saw a post about this…
So here it is. Here is some words to remember for us “young moms”

It’s not 2000, it’s not 1960 either. The world and society are DIFFERENT. We cant clean our home and cook a million course dinner while the kids run the streets. We cant trust baby sitters, day cares and sometimes friends or family with our babies thanks to media showing us all the horrific incidents. We are judged for being a stay at home momma and for working after having babies. We are judged for leaving shitty or abusive partners and being single moms. We are judged for having and not having kids. We’re judged on having kids and having tattoos and colored hair… but here is the thing-

That shit doesnt matter! Screw the judgement. Fuck the haters! Older generations are not the ones raising kids these days. We are. We are the moms and dads. We are raising the future! You are the best mom or dad you can be!

So, if you are like all of us, please give yourself a break. You are doing what you can, what you need to and you are kicking ass at it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

WifeMumWorkPlay

Finding the joy in the journey through motherhood

Healthy Living Sage

Because what U Eat does Matter!

Praying for Eyebrowz

Doing the best I can with what I have

Becky Excell | Gluten Free Food Blog | Coeliac friendly + Dairy Free Recipes

Gluten free blog with tons of wheat free, dairy free and low FODMAP recipes. Coeliac + IBS friendly!

About That Food

Vegan Food Love

Mom Life, Food and Travel

Surviving Motherhood One Cup of Coffee At A Time

Real Food Real Deals

Healthy food on a budget

Lucy's Friendly Foods

Inspiring friendly recipes and thoughts

lifewithlilred

Life is better in red

Musings

Delve into the depth of my soul through my poems, random thoughts, essays and photography

Pointless Overthinking

Understanding ourselves and the world we live in.

New Generation Yoga Sydney

Suzi Chin Silicz Iyengar Yoga Teacher

Sweet Peas and Pigtails

Speech Therapy Resources For Your Sweet Peas

Karissa’s Kitchen

Have you ever found a recipe online that looks delicious and when you click the link you have to scroll through the person's whole life story before getting to the actual recipe? I don't want to do that here. I just want to create a space to share some of my favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy!

%d bloggers like this: